We are lucky enough to be told from a young age that fruit is healthy – how can you even doubt that in this day and age? Knowing what exactly makes fruit so cool is not only a fun topic to strike up with your hairdresser (what else do people talk about there??), but knowing what you take can help you maximize the benefits. Full of vitamins, most fruit is great, but they do vary in nutritious content.
- Pink grapefruit – Full of a protective antioxidant called lycopene, pink grapefruit is a fantastic treat! This antioxidant protects your skin from free radical damage and helps it preserve a youthful texture. Additionally, pink grapefruit can be a much more satisfying, sweeter treat if you remove everything but the pulp. Some people dislike grapefruit because of the bitter taste, but that can be handled. Finally, scrubs and facial washes with grapefruit are really effective, if you still don’t wish to include the actual fruit in your diet.
- Mango – Rich in beta-carotene, mangos help protect your skin against sun damage. This form of vitamin A has numerous benefits; however, wearing sunscreen is still a must – mangos are a mere addition to protection against sunburn – they are still always handy in the modern world.
- Watermelon – Now, this is a true delicacy! There really is no better fruit for a boiling-hot, dry summer and this is because watermelon is so watery and hydrating. This is the exact reason why it’s so good for your skin – it will keep it supple, moisturized and youthful. Tasty and healthy, watermelon is a must in any summer diet!
- Strawberries – Well, everyone likes strawberries. This type of berries contains salicylic acid, which is a perfect natural remedy for pimples and acne. Instead of going with the typical strawberry and cream meal solution, try mashing them into a paste and add a drop of lemon juice and a bit of honey – this is a great alternate recipe with fresh strawberries, and it includes some other nutritious foods as well. Furthermore, you can apply this as a mask to your face and wash it off in 5 minutes’ time. Don’t disregard the benefits of eating fresh strawberries either – they will keep your skin clear, while adding up to a ton of more benefits. If taking in all these fresh fruits in their perfect season is a hassle for you, sign up for fresh fruit delivered to your doorstep.
- Apples – You’ve heard the phrase “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” often enough to probably make you hate apples and doctors alike. But it’s not wrong – apples are very healthy. This fruit is rich in vitamin C, which helps keep your skin firm and prevents free radical damage. In addition to eating an apple a day, apply apple juice on your face and wash it off with only water after 10 minutes.